dimanche 9 novembre 2014

Rule of Rose



This one is my favorite game ever. And I think it influenced maaany of my creations. Drawings, texts... And now, my new project : Jazzland. It's a wonderful videogame, a bit hard to understand if you have not the habit of complex stories.








 Rule of Rose is the story of Jennifer, a young woman trapped in a old mansion by a little boy. She was then taken to an airship by a group of children called "The Aristocrats Club". In this place, children make rules and, with the help of a dog companion named Brown, Jennifer must find gifts for the Aristocracy, or be killed for her "insolence". Among the game, Jennifer recovers the forgotten memories of her childhood. Because the plot is based on Jennifer's memories who distort events and dates. We see strange et disturbing events, monsters, only because of the fear Jennifer's feels about her past. This game is a masterpiece despite its involvement in silly controversies.

It was developped by Punchline and Edited by 505 Games in Europe. Rated M for mature players, it was released in 2006. Original Soundtracks was composed by Yutaka Minobe



I love this game because of its atmosphere and its dark vision of childhood and fairy tales. The plot is just awesome, poetic and emotional. (I cry at the end. Every times.) So, it's impossible for Jazzland to not be influenced by Rule of Rose. I just don't control it I think. And we find the same dark aspect of fairy tales and innocence in my game. (particulary with the character of Snow who is loving and horrible at the same time.)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire